Today’s mobile phones have become very powerful and can do almost everything that a laptop or desktop can do. These days a smartphone is indispensible and something that cannot probably live without.
The more you use your phone, the faster its battery will get drained. Smartphones have more powerful processors and a bigger screen and so consume more power. Processors, memory and other such components have become powerful but the same is not the case with batteries. Thus, you need to change the way you use your phone if you want to make the battery’s juice last.
Here are some tips to increase your phone’s battery life:
1) Reduce the brightness of the screen: The screen draws the maximum power in the mobile phone. BY dimming it, you can reduce this power consumption. Many smartphones come with an automatic brightness adjustment setting which changes the brightness depending on surrounding lighting conditions. However, it is better to set it at the lowest setting.
2) Set a short sleep timeout interval: If you do not use your smartphone for reading purposes, you can set the sleep timeout interval to may be 30 seconds. This can significantly prolong the battery life.
3) Uninstall unnecessary apps and widgets: Many apps and widgets run in the background even when you are not using them. They consume processing cycles and consume more power.
4) Disable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS when you don’t need them. These consume lots of power.
5) Use a Battery Saver app: There are many apps that help you in saving power for Android. For example: Juice Defender. Installing one such app can significantly improve battery life.
Apart from these, promptly recharge your phone regularly. This is very important because these tips can only prolong a battery that has some charge left. A drained out battery can leave you in the dark!